Accessibility Standards Plan
Improving Opportunities for People with Disabilities.
(Reviewed September 1, 2020)
Multimatic is committed to treating all people in a way that maintains their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are also committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities, by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and complying with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information: We are committed to providing customers with emergency information that is available to the public in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information where applicable and with the employee’s consent.
Training: We provide training to employees on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. This training includes:
- the development of training materials that are suited to the duties of employees
- integrating the required training into our new employee orientation programs
- reviewing the required information with employees during our regularly scheduled employee communication meetings
- training staff on equipment or devices in our premises that may help with the provision of our goods and services to people with disabilities
Information and Communication: We are committed to meeting the information and communication needs of people with disabilities, including.
- consulting employees with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs
- taking into account peoples’ disabilities in the way in which we communicate with them
- providing employees with disabilities the support(s) necessary for their positions, in a manner that considers their individual disabilities
- accepting feedback from employees, customers and the public who wish to do so, either verbally or in writing
- all feedback should be directed to Multimatic Human Resources at: Multimatic Inc., 8688 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 200, Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 8B9, or by telephone at (905) 470-9149
- feedback that is in the nature of a complaint should be addressed according to our regular complaint management procedures. Please contact Multimatic Human Resources verbally or in writing at: Multimatic Inc., 8688 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 200, Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 8B9, or by telephone at (905) 470-9149 for further details
- feedback mechanisms will, upon request in individual cases, be provided in a manner that is accessible to individuals with disabilities
- working with hosts to ensure that all web sites (and the content on those sites) conform to WCAG 2.0, Level AA standards by January, 2021
- providing employees and members of the public with a copy of this Plan and any other documents required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request and in a timely manner
- the documents will be provided in a manner that considers the requesting individual’s disabilities, if applicable.
- posting this Plan on the Multimatic Web Site
Employment: We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will continue to follow our internal Fair Hiring Practices procedure, our Non-Discrimination and Workplace Harassment policy, our Job Opportunities (job posting) procedure and our Modified Work (return-to-work) policy, including applying the requirements of the Employment Standard outlined in the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We will ensure that employees are knowledgeable of these policies and procedures, including where to access them. These policies and procedures will be made available in a manner that considers an employee’s disability, upon request and in a timely manner.
We will consider accessibility barriers when designing, planning or modifying future and current facilities. We will adhere to the requirements of the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation for the development or re-development of public spaces (Design of Public Spaces Standard).
This Plan will be reviewed on a periodic basis, at least every five (5) years.
For more information on this Accessibility Standards Plan, please contact Multimatic Resources Department at: Multimatic Inc., 8688 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 200, Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 8B9, or by telephone at (905) 470-9149.