Dynamic Suspensions offers dynamometers to accommodate a range of test requirements and budgets.
From Formula One teams to manufacturing plants to engineering facilities to track-side support vehicles, Dynamic Suspensions damper dynamometers are used to test, tune and optimize damper configurations for race, road, motorcycle and off-road applications.
There are four dynamometers in the Dynamic Suspensions lineup:
- Standard Mechanical
- 3-Phase Mechanical
The Portable unit has found favour with race teams who may ship their pit equipment by air. Its compact size also enables easy transportation.
Damper Dynamometers – Mechanical vs. Hydraulic
Damper dynamometers are designed to actuate the tested device (not always a damper) and measure its force response as a function of the position and velocity of the test profile.
Damper testing machines are either mechanical or hydraulic – Dynamic Suspensions is unique in offering both types.
- Dynamic Suspensions mechanical dynos are:
- Crank/ scotch yoke driven
- Simpler, lighter, and less complex than hydraulic models
- Dynamic Suspensions hydraulic dynos are more flexible, with:
- Higher frequency operation (30 Hz. vs. 6 Hz)
- An infinitely variable test stroke (from 1mm to 100mm)
- A wide variety of usable waveforms
- The ability to replay track data
- Static testing capability (in tension and compression)
- Automated testing capability (with dampers pistons in different initial positions)
- Comprehensive testing of bump rubbers and springs
- The hydraulic power supply inside the main casing (eliminating external pipes and simplifying transportation)